Being afraid to take up space sounds like

 



Taking up space means allowing yourself to feel visible, to exist, to have feelings, to use your voice, to speak without apologizing, to feel you belong in every room.. but of course, that's easier said than done!

A lot of us were often silenced or taught how to be smaller. Our experiences may have forced us to shrink ourselves to survive, to become invisible in order to protect ourselves and so much more. Learning to take up space can look different for each of us, but there are so many little things you can do to strengthen your voice and own your space every day.

Our voice matters and we are all allowed to feel and express every single emotions that we experience every day. 

Sometimes I find myself saying sorry for talking so much, or I don't care (when I actually do), I don't mind because I'm just being dramatic, or I sometimes I say "Don't worry about me, Just ignore me"

- iannmarie






No comments:

Post a Comment