Do I overexplain?

 


That strict upbringing line. That kind has its ups and downs, but boy does it have people pleasing syndrome. Definitely a defence mechanism in case of impending attack. 

I have had a lot of gaslighting in my past even  until now. It's an awareness that is beginning to change. I used to always feel that I need to get my point or else, people will assume things incorrectly about me, or about a situation and I can never defend myself growing up. 

M min wonders none stop if you don't hear me out, which causes a trauma response. Then it builds up anxiety or worst panic attack. I came to a point when I need to validate my own choice to ease the guilt. It's our choices in life as a result of a strict upbringing when you have to justify your choices. 

- iannmarie

No comments:

Post a Comment